My friend Karla (fellow Korean learner) suddenly messages me on Skype saying she nominated me for Leibster Award. I wonder what is it about. Anything about any ‘award’ can excite just anyone. It seems to be an award created to discover ‘undiscovered’ blogs.
Read a blog post about it here. It appears to be some sort of chain letter/mail kind but I like the idea. We can discover new blogs which are not popular and could be in hiding although they have a quality content.
Thanks Karla for nominating me for Leibster Award. (‘Leibster’ in German means ‘dearest’)
Rules: (I wonder if these are the original rules!)
1) List 11 facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions left by the blogger who nominated you
3) Nominate five (or more) bloggers who have less than 200 follower. Make sure to notify them.
4) Make up questions for those you have nominated
5) Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog
11 Facts About Me
1. I have more friends whom I did not meet ‘yet’ than friends from my ‘real’ life.
2. I spend more time on internet than anything else.
I hope this changes because I strongly believe that living away from internet with our friends and family building bonding and relationships is quite important.
3. I touched other foreign languages too apart from Korean.
My first foreign language learning experience was with German way back in January 2009. It didn’t really go well although classes were quite good. I blame myself for that. Later, in late 2009 I took French classes as I might to to Canada the year after and Canada’s 2nd official language is French. I had to leave to Canada before I could finish that course. I re-took French again while I was in Canada but that was a disaster too. I’ll stop it here, otherwise this post might get longer.
4. I enjoy listening to quite diverse genres of music.
My music interests are quite diverse, they range from western classical to Kpop (not much lately, enjoy K-Indie now), Jpop to modern music genres like trance, house and electronic, our own Indian music (even regional) and much more. I always wonder how many do that.
5. I am not a religious person.
Although on paper I’m a Hindu person, I’m not religious at all. But, I still respect others and their beliefs and I expect them to do the same too.
6. My Korean name is 신군. [shin gun] (meloncreme wrote her chinese name as one of the facts about her)
Initially, I just named myself as 신,[shin] more than 3 years ago when I liked Korean drama “Goong” a lot. (신군 [shin gun] is the name of the main lead guy) Now, I use 신군 as I realized from Korean friends that ‘신’ [shin] can have more than one meaning.
7. Let me just tell you that I’m a software engineer and I have also studied Project Management. I’m into tech stuff quite extensively.
8. I am an introvert.
Yes, I am. I might not sound like an introvert but I actually am one. I’m quite reserved in my real life but I am quite opposite on internet.
9. I passed TOPIK (Test Of Proficiency In Korean).
Yes I passed TOPIK way back in 2011 but I have no proficiency in Korean at all. I can hardly speak or make sentences in Korean. Don’t ask how did I pass then.
10. I cannot swim.
Yes, I cannot, which means it’s highly likely that I might just drown at places where we can just swim. I am planning to learn swimming though.
11. I cannot play any musical instruments too…(picking again from meloncreme’s facts, she said she cannot play any musical instruments too).
We had music classes in our primary/middle school but we were not taught any music. I always had an interest to learn music but I haven’t yet. I bought a Yamaha Keyboard to learn music and attended basic muisc learning classes. I understood some theory but I still couldn’t get hold of the complete concept. Never knew that music could be this difficult.
I practice those basic notes once in a while now on my Yamaha keyboard.
Questions from Karla
1. Would you like to live in Korea? If so, which celebrity you wanna meet? What will you say?
Yes, of course. I might not cope well enough to live forever but for sure I would love to live there for a while. I like to live in other countries so that I can understand people there and their culture inside out.
I would like to meet Korean singer Younha 고윤하. I have seen her in concert in Toronto last year and she was just amazing.
I would just tell her that she is an amazing person and her songs are cool!
2. Do you have a mannerism? What is it?
I guess I brush through my hair with my fingers quite often in a day.
3. What is an ideal day for you?
An ideal day for me would be a day when I just wake up early and perform tasks all day which I have planned to do, have a positive mind all day and not end up hurting anyone around me.
4. If you could meet a person in the past who will it be?
My grandparents. I think that I didn’t spend enough time with my grandparents who have passed away years ago. I miss them.
5. What is your favorite subject in school and why?
Maths was my favorite subject. It’s probably because I find it interesting. It also could be because of the way my teachers taught us. I always believe that most subjects in our primary schooling can actually be taught in an interesting way and children don’t need to hate any subject.
6. What is the most exhilarating thing you’ve done when you were young?
Exhilarating = making lively and cheerful; making joyful.
I have been a bad kid, so I’m wondering if I did anything exhilarating lol. Will answer it if I remember any.
7. What is something you can’t live without?
Computer with a high speed internet on it. If you are asking me seriously? Then, I would say family and my friends!
8. What is the recent Korean word/phrase which seems to be running through your mind?
I can’t remember any at this instant.
My questions to the nominees
1. How many languages can you speak? How many are you learning at the moment? and why?
2. How do you lead your life with a positive attitude every day?
3. Mention 5 things from your bucket list.
4. If you would advise your previous self, what would you advice him/her?
1. Japanese Joshi (Nice blog if you are a Japanese learner)
2. Angeli’s blog (Karla nominated her for Leibster Award too, so I don’t want to trouble her but I wanted you to check out her blog. I’ll also let her know of my nomination some time later)
3. Cindy’s new magazine! (my friend Cindy turned her blog into a complete online magazine! Do check it out if you are into Korean stuff)
4. SOSHI LOVE (Karla nominated her already too!)
5. Karla’s blog (It would be nice if you answer my questions too Karla! ;))